Corona Virus COVID-19
10th January 2016
Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) presents with flu-like symptoms including a fever, a cough, or difficulty breathing, most cases appear to be mild.
If you wish to donate breast milk existing screening will cover these symptoms, based on current advice Milk donor recruitment/donation should be postponed for a minimum of 2 weeks if you suspect you have been in contact with the virus, have similar symptoms or have travelled to area known to have confirmed cases.
We continue to promote good hygiene particularly hand hygiene which helps prevent spread but advise you to contact your recruiting milk bank to discuss further.
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
You can find out about the number of people affected and the latest medical information here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ To keep up to date with the latest developments take a look at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public